Friday 29 May 2009

Submitted to Newsnight Review on 29 May 2009

I entered a poem as part of the BBC poetry season

Here it is :

POLITICALLY INCORRECT

We learned Sir Fred was shaken
As the vandals took their toll
Though we can't condone their actions
If you took a UK poll
I think you'd find a landslide
Of anger and dismay
At the greed and false contrition
On Banking's blackest day


No need to shed a tear, though
Or start to feel too " down "
We'll pass the hat for Darling
And good old Gordon Brown
" We couldn't see it coming
It's a global thing, you see
You can trust us, we're MP's, you know
Both Alistair and me "


And what of all the others ?
The Coopers and the Balls
" Flipping " , for the hell of it
In the Parliamentary Halls
I've heard there's Bills for cleaning moats,
And some to treat Dry-Rot
For Second homes, and Garden Gnomes
But do they give a jot ?

2 comments:

  1. I shall tune in tonight's programme to watch out for your poem. Good luck and nice one.

    ReplyDelete